Featured On

June 16, 2010

New Projects and Vague Ramblings

I’ve been neglecting my blog in favor of my paper journal. Not sure why I can’t do both at once since I use them so differently. But that’s me get started on one thing then jump to something else which explains the three projects I’ve had waiting to finish for at least a month now I keep bumping them for new ideas. And that also explains why I haven’t written any poetry or fiction in so long I put that aside when I started making these pieces. I need to learn to find the balance and not just keep jumping ahead to the next thing. I have finished a few projects. I did a wall art/shadow box piece featuring the parlor of a spiritualist. It’s a bit vintage gothic, a theme I’m heavily into right now. I love vintage photos and I recently downloaded Paint.net so I can start manipulating the photos I have. I’m trying to learn to layer photos. I also finished another wall art / shadow box piece that is themed The Wolf Man and the Gypsies. I wanted to capture that classic horror movie feel with the mix of vintage gypsy photos I found. The first version I finished and posted on Etsy but then I realized it wasn’t working for me. I redid the background of the collage and added some different elements to pull it together and like it a lot more now. Here’re a few photos.


I wish I could say that all this work is paying off in sales but sadly that’s not the case. I make these pieces because I love to do it and the ideas plague me till I do something about them but it’s a bit disheartening when I see the pile growing ever larger. But the ideas keep coming so I continue to create.

1 comment:

Illustrated Ink said...

I think your work is AWESOME, but I know it can be disheartening when the sales don't come in. There was a time when I wanted to give up, because I felt like I was just making art for me and that the public didn't get it. I think it's good that you create because you are driven to - just keep going, girl!